Παρασκευή 28 Ιουνίου 2019

Reblogging - Relistening

I started this blog so many years ago, and I think it was around 2010, when I had an article published about the underground music scene in my home town, Thessaloniki. One of the factors that put me off from blogging was the sometimes unfair comments I received, especially from people who hardly knew me. However, there was also a very big number of people that enjoyed my writing.

Of course, that is not the only reason. Even now while I am writing these lines, I still wonder what is the point of blogging as I've never been a music or art journalist, and lack the theoretical and technical knowledge. Especially, now that most of the people post something with few words and more hashtags to get exposure about things that are not so important or showing personal moments and their most intimate relationships.

The best answer I could give is that there is a possibility that someone will read some of my posts and maybe like them. This is what community is all about at the end. Also, a personal reminder where my real interests lie. Another factor is that after reading interviews, articles, and books of all these artists, their lives, their influences, and why to choose something like that is not popular to the majority of the people, but they choose to keep on doing it. It is for these artists and their exciting lives and their amazing art.

If I will stop writing soon? Maybe. But I'll restart again. At this moment I'll start by writing about some of the albums I am currently re-listening.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου